An important part of Diaconia is its relationship with the Evangelical Church of Czech Brethren (ECCB). Every Diaconia centre is formally connected with a local ECCB congregation. In most cases, the centres were founded by members of the church, and they receive support of all kinds from the congregations, such as financial support, material contributions, and voluntary help.
Diaconia is also a member of the following organizations:
- Eurodiaconia – European network of churches and Christian NGOs providing social and health care services
- EAPN – a national platform against poverty
- SKOK – an umbrella organization for non-profit organizations providing social and health care services
- The Czech Council of Humanitarian Organizations
- The Czech Society for Alzheimer’s Disease